- Form planning group
- If necessary. decide which election(s) you will feature
- Research who the candidates are in your area
- Decide on a format / platform
- Set date, time and venue
- Invite candidates and chase up responses
- Find your a) chair and b) online meeting coordinator
- Publicise event (registration page, Invite link etc) and ask for question submissions
- Have a practice run and tech check
This guidance has been prepared by the Scottish Churches Parliamentary Office, Cytûn – Churches Together in Wales and the Joint Public Issues Team.
We would love to know how you decided to hold your event, who attended, what questions were asked and especially if you tried a new kind of format for engagement.
Send us pictures too (with the permission of those involved).
We also want to know if this guidance was useful, if there was anything you needed to know that was missing or if our advice wasn’t so useful…
We’ll use your suggestions to help prepare for the next set of elections, whenever they may be!
If you have questions, suggestions or comments please write to:
Scotland: David Bradwell email@example.com
Wales: Gethin Rhys firstname.lastname@example.org
England: Joint Public Issues Team email@example.com